Thursday, June 11, 2009

The greatest day that turned into a nightmare!


On what I almost called the greatest day of my life a disaster hit. It was the school holidays

and I was going to my friends house to play. 


As I was getting my bike out I saw my dog Tittan  standing by the backdoor, his head side ways, breathing on the glass, I saw that he was not eating his breakfast. So I picked up his favorite  ball and threw it. He did not go and get it , that was weird , he is always first in line to get his food pushing and shoving to gobble it up. and he always runs as fast as he can to get he ball and when he comes back he trounces on me and licks me till I giggle. But this time he just stood there with a sad look in his eyes , maybe he was just tired or cold I thought  to myself. I gave him a big hug and kiss on the head and took off. as I rode away I looked back I saw him fade behind the trees. 


When I got to Mariah’s house we played for hours, in the house out of the house. we played until it was time for me to go home. Now I could have called this the greatest day of my life but this is when the trouble happens. 


I got home and saw my sister and mum in  the car I was so confused, I slowly put my bike away and that was  when  I saw my Dad putting Tittan  in the boot of the car. I hoped in to the car and that was when I realized  we were  going to the vet for Tittan’s  yearly appointment  when we got to the vet my dad took Tittan  inside then we all went inside too the vet examined  Tittan  he took  a long thin needle and he drew out a sample of blood , he said to us,’’ This is your problem he has a type of stomach cancer’’ I didn’t understand what this meant . I looked at mum tears were starting to fall from her eyes. I froze , suddenly I new this was it for Tittan I did not move I was still frozen I felt a shivering feeling the one you get when you think of something horrible. I felt like I was frozen solid. An explosion of tears came from my eyes I felt so emotional , so sensitive.  Before  I walked  out of the room I gave Tittan a big, big hug I whispered  to him you will always be with me goodbye Tittan.


By Bridget

No comments: